Memorial Center Nikola Tesla
- Travel style:
- Culture & Heritage
- Duration: 1 hours
- Transportation: Car
- you will be inspired by Tesla's life, inventions and thoughts
- you will enjoy a demonstration of Tesla's transformer and a multimedia display of his many inventions
- you will learn a lot in a fun way
Why visit the Memorial Center "Nikola Tesla"?
Nikola Tesla, a top inventor, scientist and humanist, was born in 1856 in Smiljan near Gospić.
Visit a multimedia exhibition in Tesla's birth house that witnesses events in his life and contemporaneous world events. Photos, very interesting Tesla's quotes and sounds remind us of Tesla's childhood in Smiljan.
Take this unique opportunity to visit Tesla's birth house - Memorial Center "Nikola Tesla". You will learn a lot about Tesla and be inspired by his life, inventions and thoughts.
The ceiling of Tesla's birth house is dedicated to Tesla's inventions and through the multimedia exhibition we feel that we are with Tesla in his lab. Here you can experience some of Tesla's many inventions, such as alternating current, electric motors, and Tesla transformers.
Tesla was primarily a humanist and, all his scientific research was primarily focused on the prosperity and progress of humanity, rather than profit. In his focus was the free flow of information and energy available to every man.
At the nearby stream, there is a demonstration of Tesla's turbine as a watermill. In a diminished replica of the Tesla Laboratory, you will enjoy Tesla's transformer demonstration so that the neon lamp you hold in your hand will light up when the transformer is turned on even though it is not connected to any cable.
In the multimedia hall, you can watch an exciting documentary about Tesla, and the children will enjoy an interestingly landscaped children's playground featuring Tesla's inventions.
We also recommend visiting the nearby Gospić where Nikola Tesla was educated. Additionally, you can book a guided town tour of Gospić.
- The presentation of Tesla's transformer is held at every hour
- Entrance ticket
- Pensioners (60%)
- Children up to 4 years (100%)
- Children from 4 to 12 years (60%)
- Important information
- Summer working hours (April 1 - October 31) of the Memorial Center "Nikola Tesla" in Smiljan is Tuesday - Saturday from 8:00 to 19:00, and Sunday from 10:00 to 15:00. The center is closed on Mondays.
- Winter working hours (November 1 - March 31) are Tuesdays - Saturdays from 8:00 to 14, and Sundays from 10:00 to 14:00. The center is closed on Mondays.The "Nikola Tesla" Memorial Center in Smiljan is opened on Tuesdays - Saturdays from 8:00 to 19:00 and Sundays from 10:00 - 15:00.
- Children from 7 years pay 20 kn entrance ticket. There is also a family ticket available at the price of 80 kn for two adults and children up to 14 years old.
- If the date of the booked excursion/experience is the same as the reservation date, the total amount must be paid immediately by credit card in order to confirm the reservation.
- If the date of the booked excursion/experience is the next day, ie one day after the reservation date, the payment must be made on the reservation date until 20:00.
- For all other dates, the payment must be made 24 hours from the moment of reservation.
- Payment is made by credit card (Mastercard & Visa & Maestro)
- In case the organizer has to postpone the booked excursion/experience, guests have the choice to receive the paid amount back or to accept an alternative date.
- General terms and conditions