Guided Tour of Prosciutto Factory and Tasting of Krk Delicacies
- Travel style:
- Duration: 2 hours
- Transportation: Car
- Because you will indulge in the famous Krk delicacies – the Krk prosciutto and cheese and šurlice, a traditional homemade pasta
- Because it gives you a unique opportunity to learn a lot about the Krk prosciutto and its traditional making process
Why the guided tour of Pršutana (manufacturing facility) and tasting of Krk prosciutto and šurlice – a traditional handmade pasta from the island of Krk?
This lavish tasting of Krk delicacies can be served as both, for lunch or dinner, and the guided tour of the manufacturing facility as well as the story about the Krk prosciutto will certainly arouse interest of all visitors regardless of their age.
Take this unique opportunity to learn a lot about the traditional process of making this famous Krk delicacy from the expert guide of the House of Krk Prosciutto. The guided tour of the House of Krk Prosciutto is available in English, German and Italian, and you can also watch a short film about the prosciutto production.
There is a reason why “Krčki pršut”, the Krk prosciutto, was the first Croatian product to be awarded the protected geographical indication in the EU. The Krk prosciutto has a very mild aroma due to long curing, which takes at least a year and its taste is not veiled by smoke.
The Krk prosciutto is processed with wild-growing aromatic herbs, which grow on the island of Krk in abundance, is cultivated in the skin, is not smoked, but cured in the wind bora (Croatian: bura).
The Krk bora is a powerful wind that blows down the Velebit Mountain and brings small drops of seawater. Thanks to this sleet, the sheep graze the salty aromatic herbs, which gives the Krk sheep cheese a unique flavor.
The abundance of aromatic herbs of the island of Krk and the strength of the wind bora imbue these famous Krk delicacies, the Krk prosciutto and cheese, which are served with other traditional delicacies of the House of Krk Prosciutto – Krk sausage, Krk salami, pancetta and prosciutto paté, olives, pickles and homemade bread.
The tasting also includes šurlice, the famous traditional handmade pasta from the island of Krk. You will experience firsthand that šurlice are a perfect match for the Krk prosciutto and Žlahtina, dry white wine from the island of Krk.
House of Krk Prosciutto opening hours: 12 a.m. – 9 p.m. Guided tours and tastings are available all year long except in January and February.
The price includes a guided tour of the House of Krk Prosciutto, a short film about the prosciutto making process and a tasting – homemade brandy as a welcome drink, a plate of Krk prosciutto, homemade cheese, Krk sausage, Krk salami, pancetta, prosciutto paté, olives, pickles and homemade bread, šurlice with Krk prosciutto and a glass of dry white wine Žlahtina Toljanić.
Welcome and Bon appetite!
- The guided tour of Krk Prosciutto House and tasting of Krk delicacies is possible at available start times with prior notice.
- In the Krk Prosciutto House, you will have a tour through the prosciutto factory with an expert guide.
- There is also a short film about prosciutto production.
- Enjoy the tasting of prosciutto and other Krk specialties.
- Important information
- If the date of the booked excursion/experience is the same as the reservation date, the total amount must be paid immediately by credit card in order to confirm the reservation.
- If the date of the booked excursion/experience is the next day, ie one day after the reservation date, the payment must be made on the reservation date until 20:00.
- For all other dates, the payment must be made 24 hours from the moment of reservation.
- Payment is made by credit card (Mastercard & Visa & Maestro)
- In case the organizer has to postpone the booked excursion/experience, guests have the choice to receive the paid amount back or to accept an alternative date.
- General terms and conditions