Hiking - Source of Kupa - by van from Krk
- Travel style:
- Age range: 6+ years old
- Duration: 1 days
- Transportation: Van
Why go hiking to the source of the river Kupa in the Risnjak National Park?
• Because it gives you the opportunity to get to know one of no less than 8 Croatian national parks
• Because the Risnjak National Park is rich on natural beauties, which are remarkable, and the visit includes not only the area of the national park itself and the Risnjak Mountain but also the source of the river Kupa
• Because the visit to the Magical Valley of Butterflies will be a firsthand experience and a chance to find out how and why the valley got its name
One of the first things that comes to mind when Croatia is mentioned is that the country is rich in incredible natural beauties and protected landscapes, which is why it is no wonder that Croatia has as many as 8 national parks and 11 nature parks.
Due to its poor transport links to vital traffic roads and its remote location, the Risnjak National Park unfortunately often remains unexplored. Therefore, do not miss the chance to visit this place of breathtaking nature located in the Gorski kotar region.
The Risnjak National Park covers an area of 6350 m2 and includes the Risnjak Mountain and the area around the source of the river Kupa. The area is unique for its endless expanse of forest and is home to wolves, bears and the lynx, the animal the park was named after (lynx – Croatian ris).
In addition to the Risnjak Mountain, the area around the source of the river Kupa, whose upper stream is called the “Magical Valley of Butterflies”, also captures the interest due to its diverse flora and fauna. It is one of the deepest Croatian springs located at an altitude of 321 m.
The excursion starts at 9:00 a.m. and the ride takes us from the island of Krk to the national park. After driving for about an hour or so, our first destination, the foot of the mountain is reached and the hiking can begin.
Depending on the group itself, the hiking takes from 4 to 8 hours, and the hiking trail takes us through the Risnjak National park area, the Risnjak Mountain itself, as well as the previously mentioned source of the river Kupa.
Due to the challenging trail, hiking is not recommended for children under 6 years of age, while minors can go hiking only if accompanied by a parent or a guardian.
The price of 360.00 KN per person includes a guided tour, walking sticks, transfer from the island of Krk to the foot of the mountain and back, and the entrance fee to the national park.
Comfortable footwear and clothes are recommended. We also recommend taking a practical backpack and drinking water. Food and drinks are available at an additional charge at the Visitor Center of the National Park. The excursion is available from May until September and can be booked for groups of minimum of 4 people.
- Departure from Krk at 9:00.
- Around 10:00 arrival in Risnjak National Park.
- Hiking in the Risnjak National Park for 4 - 8 hours.
- In the afternoon return to Krk.
- Entrance ticket
- Bus ride
- Important information
- The price of 360.00 KN per person includes a guided tour, walking sticks, transfer from the island of Krk to the foot of the mountain and back, and the entrance fee to the national park.
- Comfortable footwear and clothes are recommended.
- We also recommend taking a practical backpack and drinking water.
- Food and drinks are available at an additional charge at the Visitor Center of the National Park.
- The excursion is available from May until September and can be booked for groups of minimum of 4 people.
- This excursion can be organized as a private tour for 2 or more people - in this case, the price depends on the number of people, the date is by arrangement
- For this trip, it is necessary to check availability in advance. When you send us an inquiry or reservation, we first check if the desired date is available. If not, we will suggest the next possible free term.
- If the date of the booked excursion/experience is the same as the reservation date, the total amount must be paid immediately by credit card in order to confirm the reservation.
- If the date of the booked excursion/experience is the next day, ie one day after the reservation date, the payment must be made on the reservation date until 20:00.
- For all other dates, the payment must be made 24 hours from the moment of reservation.
- Payment is made by credit card (Mastercard & Visa & Maestro)
- In case the organizer has to postpone the booked excursion/experience, guests have the choice to receive the paid amount back or to accept an alternative date.
- General terms and conditions