Wine tour and 7 local wines tasting in the House of Wine
- Travel style:
- Duration: 1,5 hours
Why choose 7 Wine Tastings and Wine Tour by the House of Wine Ivan Katunar?
• Because you will enjoy being told the story of Vrbnik and the famous wine Žlahtina while sitting on the patio and savoring a wonderful view of Vrbnik
• Because you will have the opportunity to get acquainted with the winemaking process as well as the required technologies
• Because the Katunar family will introduce you to the long tradition of winemaking and the wine varieties they make
• Because the tour will turn you into a genuine wine lover
Vrbnik is widely known for Žlahtina, a quality white dry wine made from grapes grown only in the Vrbnik Field. This golden-yellow wine delights visitors to Vrbnik with its aroma, and visiting Vrbnik without tasting a drop of žlahtina is almost mission impossible.
That is why it is not surprising that numerous families of Vrbnik have turned their love of wine into their daily activity, devoting themselves entirely to the process of making Žlahtina and other wine varieties. One of them is the Katunar family, who will gladly open the door to their cellar, and introduce you to the winemaking process.
Have a taste of Vrbnik by tasting its top quality wines and let this tasting turn you into a genuine wine lover!
Enjoy being told the story of Vrbnik and Žlahtina while sitting on the patio of the House of Wine Ivan Katunar, savoring a wonderful view of Vrbnik and tasting Biser Žlahtine, Žlahtina, Chardonnay, Rosé, Sansigot, Muškat and Prosecco. Wine tasting is guided by the sommelier of the House of Wine and it is accompanied by olives, olive oil, cheese, sausages, dried figs, nuts and bread. You will also taste the traditional cake presnec which excellently complements the offered wine varieties. A little surprise is also waiting for you - brandy or liqueur of your choice.
In addition, all guests will get acquainted with the technology and winemaking process, and the Katunar family will gladly open the doors to their winery and introduce you to their family's story and the winemaking tradition.
A visit to the winery is also possible with children - the winery tour will be fascinating for them. For the children (4 - 12 years) we prepared juice and sweets. While adults taste wine, children can also have fun drawing/coloring drawings.
Also, for drivers, pregnant women, minors and anyone who does not drink alcohol, there is a non-alcoholic tour of the winery with a tasting of Krk specialties.
A private appointment is possible by prior arrangement for more than eight people.
Enjoy and cheers!
- Wine tasting and a tour of the winery is possible at the scheduled times with prior notice.
- The estimated duration of the tour and tasting is about an hour and a half - two hours.
- Children up to 4 years (81%)
- Children from 4 to 12 years (81%)
- Important information
- A tour of the winery is possible in Croatian and English, and in Italian and German for groups of at least 8 people.
- The tour is also suitable for families with small children - children will find the tour of the winery interesting, and we have prepared juice and candies for the children.
- Included in the price: tasting of 7 autochthonous Krk wines, cheese, bread, olives and olive oil, sausages, dried figs, nuts and traditional presnec cake, brandy or liquor of your choice, cellar tour and introduction to wine production
For the reservation to be valid, it is necessary to make a payment by card via the payment link in the next half hour.
If your payment link has expired, you can make a new reservation for the desired excursion/activity.
- Payment is made by credit card (Mastercard & Visa & Maestro).
- If you have difficulties paying by card, you can pay for the excursion/activity in cash at our reception: Mare Tours, Vrbnik, Trg sv. Ivana 8.
- If the organizer has to postpone the booked excursion/experience, guests can receive the paid amount back or accept an alternative date.
- General terms and conditions