Rafting on the river Kupa
- Travel style:
- Age range: 8+ years old
- Duration: 4 hours
- Transportation: Boat
- because you will spend a day full of laughter and adventure in the beautiful nature of Gorski kotar
- because you will enjoy the ultimate rafting experience on the Kupa, the river of turquoise spring and the magical flow
- because you will have great fun
Why choose rafting on the river Kupa?
Experience unforgettable rafting on the river Kupa! The Kupa is a powerful, headstrong and very diverse river.
The Kupa springs in an intensely turquoise lake in the area of the Risnjak National Park. After its 292 km winding road through mountainous and lowland Croatia, the Kupa flows into the Sava near Sisak.
Interestingly, although the Kupa source is located only 20 km from the Adriatic Sea, the Kupa takes all the water splendor of Gorski Kotar to the Black Sea thousands of kilometers away.
In its upper mountain course through Gorski kotar, the river Kupa passes through the canyon of St. Ana, bordered by forests. In the canyon of St. Ana 5 rapids provide an unforgettable rafting experience on the river Kupa.
The Kupa's water level is usually higher in spring and autumn and then we go down the river in large rafting boats for 10 people.
In the summer months, the water level is lower and then we use smaller rafting inflatable boats for 2-3 people to get through the parts of the river where there is enough water.
The experience of rafting at lower water levels in smaller boats does not lag behind rafting in larger boats at higher water levels.
Rafting on the Kupa is a top experience and great fun for the whole family. Children from the age of 8 can participate in rafting, and from the beginning of June to the end of August, when the weather is nice and warm and the water level is lower, children from the age of 6 can also participate in rafting.
Rafting for families with small children is exciting and not demanding because we choose the part of the river suitable for family rafting.
The minimum number for an independent group is 4 people. Otherwise, we join the next group in the first possible term.
Rafting takes 3-4 hours, of which we are 2 hours on the river.
Bring a swimsuit, because there is a 15-minute break on the river for swimming and jumping.
The length of the section we descend depends on the water level and can be 8 - 15 km long.
Upon arrival, you will get the equipment and learn more about the rafting section. Then we drive to the starting rafting position by van. There where we change into neoprene suits and other rafting equipment in the changing tents.
No previous experience in rafting is required. The section we descend is safe and without danger.
The rafting price includes all the necessary rafting equipment, experienced and engaged guides, insurance and photos from the trip.
After rafting, we recommend that you try some of the famous Gorski kotar specialties in local restaurants, such as grilled trout or forest fruit strudel.
Spend a special day full of laughter and adventure in the enchanting nature of Gorski kotar!
- Arrive at the rafting base at 10:30.
- Sharing the equipment, getting to know the rafting section and driving to the start by van.
- At the start, we change into neoprene suits and other rafting equipment in the changing tents.
- Rafting takes 3-4 hours, of which we are 2 hours on the river.
- There is a 15-minute break on the river for swimming and jumping.
- Return by van to the rafting base.
- Boat ride
- Children from 4 to 12 years (30%)
- Important information
- No previous experience in rafting is required. The section we descend is safe and without danger.
- The rafting price includes all the necessary rafting equipment, experienced and engaged guides, insurance and photos from the trip.
- Children from the age of 8 can participate in rafting, and from the beginning of June to the end of August, when the weather is nice and warm and the water level is lower, children from the age of 6 can also participate in rafting.
- For this trip, it is necessary to check availability in advance. When you send us an inquiry or reservation, we first check if the desired date is available. If not, we will suggest the next possible free term.
For the reservation to be valid, it is necessary to make a payment by card via the payment link in the next half hour.
If your payment link has expired, you can make a new reservation for the desired excursion/activity.
- Payment is made by credit card (Mastercard & Visa & Maestro).
- If you have difficulties paying by card, you can pay for the excursion/activity in cash at our reception: Mare Tours, Vrbnik, Trg sv. Ivana 8.
- If the organizer has to postpone the booked excursion/experience, guests can receive the paid amount back or accept an alternative date.
- General terms and conditions