Town of Rab and thousand-year-old olive groves on island of Pag
- Travel style:
- Culture & Heritage
- Sea & Boat
- Duration: 8,5 hours
- Transportation: Boat
- it is an all-day trip by a comfortable boat, and we have taken care of the lunch that is included in the price
- you will experience the fascinating landscapes of our neighboring islands - Rab and Pag
- you will visit the town of Rab with the expert guidance of a local guide
- you will have the opportunity to see the unique thousand-year-old olive groves in Lun on the island of Pag - a botanical reserve and a fantastic place of stunning beauty
- passing by the islet of Kormat with a colony of seagulls is always an exciting experience and joy for young and old
- On the way back, you will enjoy a panoramic drive along the western coast of Krk. There you will see some of the most beautiful beaches of Krk, accessible only by sea.
Why choose a boat trip to the town of Rab and the thousand-year-old olive groves on the island of Pag?
Enjoy this excellent full-day trip to the neighboring islands of Rab and Pag. First, we take you on a panoramic drive to the town of Rab. Next, the boat passes through the area where dolphins live, so, with some luck, you can experience an unforgettable encounter with dolphins. The guide on board will give you interesting information about the landscapes you pass through.
We will arrive in the town of Rab at 11:30 and we will stay in the town of Rab for 2.5 hours. You will have the opportunity to discover this fascinating town rich in history with the expert guidance of a local guide. The sightseeing tour lasts about 45 minutes. You can use the remaining 1.45 hours to discover the town on your own, take a coffee break or take a bath under the city walls.
Departure from Rab is at 14:00. During the navigation to the island of Pag, lunch will be served on board (fish or meat menu).
We arrive in Lun on the island of Pag at 14:30 and stay there for an hour and a half. Lun is known for its thousand-year-old olive groves. The walk from the boat to the olive groves of Lun takes about 20 minutes, accompanied by a guide who will give you interesting information about the famous olive groves of Lun in Croatian, English, German and Italian.
There you have the opportunity (for a surcharge/ticket of 2 € per person) to visit a famous olive grove with about 1,500 wild olive trees, "Olea oleaster linea" split with the Oblica variety. You will have the opportunity to get to know the Lun olive groves with an expert guide and at the entrance, you will receive a small map of how to find your way around the olive grove.
This area is protected as a botanical reserve. Several hundred olive trees are around 1000 years old, and the oldest olive tree is 1600. Each tree is a unique sculpture - a thousand-year-old tree in the embrace of stone. The olive groves of Lun are truly an amazing, phenomenal place of stunning beauty.
A visit to the olive groves of Lun will remain in your memory forever. A walk among giant olive trees that have withstood storms, salt and summer heat for millennia is a magical experience. Our warm recommendation!
You can also swim in Lun from the boat or on the nearby beaches.
We set sail from Lun at 4:00 p.m. On the way to Krk, we pass by the islet of Kormat, where there is a colony of seagulls. The seagulls surround the ship, which is always an unforgettable experience.
We continue along the western coast of Krk. There, between Stara Baška and Punat, are some of the most beautiful beaches in Krk. Finally, at 18:00, we sail into the port of Krk. Arriving in Krk from the seaside is an excellent opportunity to immortalize Krk in photographs.
On this excursion, you will experience the diversity of Krk, Rab and Pag, enjoy beautiful landscapes, visit the fascinating town of Rab and take a walk through the thousand-year-old olive groves on the island of Pag. Of course, you can also take a bath under the city walls of Rab or on the beaches in Lun. Enjoy!
You go on this trip in a comfortable boat accommodating up to 180 people. The ship is 29 meters long and 7.2 meters wide. The main deck for 114 people is closed and air-conditioned, and the upper deck is covered and open and can also be closed if necessary.
There are also two smaller decks on the ship that are entirely open. Free WiFi is also available on board. There are also four toilets available.
This trip is free for children up to 3.99 years old. Children aged 4 - 9.99 years have a 50% discount. The search engine and the booking form on our website have different age groups (4 - 12).
Therefore, if you have children aged 10-12 in the group, please enter them as adults on the reservation form. Thank you!
You can choose a fish and meat menu for lunch: grilled hake or chicken fillet with a side dish. One drink (water, wine, or juice) is included with lunch. Upon arrival on the ship, we prepared a welcome drink - for adults and children.
This trip is an excellent choice for getting to know our neighboring islands of Rab and Pag. At the same time, you enjoy a full-day boat trip and fantastic landscapes.
- departure from Krk at 9:30 - please be on board about 15 minutes earlier
- arrival in the town of Rab around 11:30
- sightseeing tour of the town of Rab with a local guide for about 45 minutes in Croatian, English, German and Italian
- free time until 2:00 p.m to explore the town of Rab or to swim
- at 14:00 departure from Rab and navigation towards Lun on the island of Pag
- lunch is served on the drive from Rab to Pag - fish or meat with a side dish and one free drink (wine, water, or juice)
- arrival in Lun on the island of Pag around 14:30
- half-hour tour of olive groves that are around 1,600 years old
- swimming break from the ship or on the nearby beaches
- departure from Lun on the island of Pag at 16:00
- in case of bad weather, the captain has the right to shorten the breaks provided for in the itinerary
- on the way to the island of Krk, we pass by the islet of Galun, where a colony of seagulls lives
- panoramic drive along hidden beaches between Stara Baška and Punat
- arrival in Krk at 18:00
The captain may change the route on the spot due to weather conditions if he deems it necessary for the safety of passengers.
- Boat ride
- Children (100%)
- Youth (50%)
- Important information
For the reservation to be valid, it is necessary to make a payment by card via the payment link in the next half hour.
If your payment link has expired, you can make a new reservation for the desired excursion/activity.
- Payment is made by credit card (Mastercard & Visa & Maestro).
- If you have difficulties paying by card, you can pay for the excursion/activity in cash at our reception: Mare Tours, Vrbnik, Trg sv. Ivana 8.
- If the organizer has to postpone the booked excursion/experience, guests can receive the paid amount back or accept an alternative date.
- General terms and conditions