Rab and ex prison islands with swimming on beautiful beaches
- Travel style:
- Sea & Boat
- Duration: 9,5 hours
- Transportation: Boat
- touch the shores of 4 so different islands: Krk, Rab, Goli otok and Grgur
- swim on the paradise beach San Marino on the island of Rab and in the beautiful bay Lisičnjak
- visit the islands of Grgur and Goli, experience the impressive traces of their difficult history and enjoy their unique beauty
- feed fallow deer and seagulls, and with a bit of luck we may see both dolphins and griffon vultures
- we also took care of lunch which is included in the price
- this trip is extremely rich, we will spend an unforgettable day at sea
Why choose the excursion to the islands of Rab, Grgur and Goli?
Spend an unforgettable day at sea and visit the island of Rab and the islands of Grgur and Goli! Enjoy the swim stop on the beautiful sandy beach of San Marino on the island of Rab and in the bay Lisicnjak, one of the most beautiful beaches between Punat and Stara Baska, accessible only by sea. You can also swim on the islands of Grgur and Goli, which we will visit and get to know their interesting and difficult history.
On this trip we will touch the shores of 4 so different islands - Krk, Rab, Goli otok and Grgur, swim on 4 beautiful beaches, learn a lot about history, and most of all enjoy the magnificent and so diverse nature.
Encountering fallow deer and a colony of seagulls is also a special experience, and with a little luck, you may also encounter dolphins that live here as well as griffon vultures that nest on the shores we pass. This trip is extremely rich and an unforgettable experience for the whole family.
We will set sail in the morning at 9:00 from Punat and in an hour and a half, we will arrive on the island of Grgur where we will stay for about an hour. On the island of Grgur, you can take the opportunity to take a short walk with the captain to learn about the history of the island, which during communism served as a prison island for women - political prisoners. Today, the islet of Grgur is known for the fallow deer that live there and that you will probably meet and be able to feed, which is always a special experience.
We continue sailing to Goli Otok, about half an hour away. Goli otok occupies a special place in the collective memory of Croatia. It was a notorious penitentiary for political prisoners from 1949 to 1988. We will stay on Goli Otok for 2 hours, during which time we will visit an abandoned prison with a guide. On Goli Otok, we also have lunch on the boat and a break for swimming.
Lunch is on board. For lunch, you can choose between fish, meat and veggie menus. If you do not write differently in the additional notes field while making your reservation, a fish menu will be ordered for you.
Fish menu: mackerel fillet, potatoes, and mixed salad. Meat menu: mixed meat (pork and chicken), potatoes and mixed salad. Veggie menu: veggie falafel with potatoes and mixed salad. One drink is included in the price (water, wine or juice), and you can order more drinks at the boat bar at an extra price.
This is a very interesting opportunity to get to know Goli otok - an islet that fascinates with its striking raw beauty - it is called Goli (naked) for a reason - it is almost devoid of vegetation due to exposure to the strong wind - bura. Goli otok leaves a strong impression primarily as a witness of the times. A visit to Goli Otok always leaves a deep impression!
After visiting Goli otok, we continue to the island of Rab, which, unlike Goli otok, is very green and covered with forests. It will take us about 20 minutes to reach the famous sandy beach of San Marino where we have planned to stay for about an hour and a half for swimming. Swimming on this famous and beautiful sandy beach is a real pleasure…
After San Marino and the island of Rab, we return to the island of Krk, along the way we pass the small island of Galun where you will have the opportunity to feed a colony of seagulls that live there. The moment when we are surrounded by a flock of seagulls is very special and unforgettable…
We are now sailing along the west coast of Krk, known for its unique beaches, accessible only from the sea. We have chosen Lisičnjak Bay for you, where we have a break for swimming for about half an hour. You will enter the sea through the ladder from the ship. Swimming on Lisičnjak is a true delight and a great way to complete this extraordinary trip.
The price includes: boat ride, lunch (meat or fish) and a guided tour on Goli Otok. The trip is organized on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.
- Departure from Punat at 9:00.
- Arrival on the island of Grgur around 10:30.
- Stay on Grgur (short walk and possibility of swimming) from 10:30 - 11:30.
- Arrival on Goli otok around 12:00.
- Stay on Goli Otok for 2 hours (tour of the abandoned prison, lunch and swimming break).
- Arrival at the sandy beach of San Marino around 14:30. A stop for swimming on the beach of San Marino for about an hour and a half.
- At 16:00, return to Krk.
- On the way back, a half-hour break for swimming on the beach Lisičnjak.
- Return to Punat around 18:30.
- Boat ride
- Children (100%)
- Youth (50%)
- Important information
For the reservation to be valid, it is necessary to make a payment by card via the payment link in the next half hour.
If your payment link has expired, you can make a new reservation for the desired excursion/activity.
- Payment is made by credit card (Mastercard & Visa & Maestro).
- If you have difficulties paying by card, you can pay for the excursion/activity in cash at our reception: Mare Tours, Vrbnik, Trg sv. Ivana 8.
- If the organizer has to postpone the booked excursion/experience, guests can receive the paid amount back or accept an alternative date.
- General terms and conditions