Private tour to Plitvice Lakes by van from Island of Krk
- Travel style:
- Duration: 1 days
- Transportation: Van
- Max. number of persons: 8
- because Plitvice Lakes National Park is on UNESCO World Natural Heritage list
- because you will experience the unique power of water, an exceptional and lavish landscape and visit as many as 16 connected lakes and 92 waterfalls
- because it is the place of such outstanding beauty which you simply have to visit and see
- because you should find out why Plitvice Lakes are considered one of the most beautiful natural sights of Croatia by many
Why Choose the Excursion to Plitvice Lakes?
All admirers of nature are strongly advised to visit the Plitvice Lakes National Park, which is considered one of the most beautiful European national parks. Plitvice Lakes are only a few hour's drive from the island of Krk, so it would be a pity not to visit the park while visiting the island. This most visited Croatian national park is beautiful and unique in every season and is especially striking in spring when waterfalls are extremely rich with water or in the fall when you enjoy the spectacular richness of color.
The National park Plitvice Lakes, one of the most beautiful natural phenomena in the world, consists of 16 connected lakes and 92 waterfalls that will enchant you with their beauty. In 1949 Plitvice Lakes were declared a national park, and 30 years later they entered the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites. The park is interwoven with miles of marked hiking and mountain trails, wooden pathways and bridges enabling you to come closer to this natural phenomenon.
The entrance fee includes a ride in a small train, which can reach the more distant parts of the national park and the belvederes with a panoramic view of the lakes. The largest lake Kozjak that connects the upper and lower lakes can be crossed by an electric boat. In addition, you can take a break in one of the many restaurants and rest areas overlooking the gorgeous nature.
A whole-day excursion to Plitvice Lakes is organized every week from the beginning of June to the end of September and starts at 07.30 p.m. in Baška. From there, the bus heads to Punat, Krk, Malinska, Njivice and Omišalj to collect other passengers and take them to Plitvice Lakes. Return to the island of Krk is scheduled between 8.00 p.m. and 9.00 p.m.
This full-day private trip to Plitvice Lakes is organized Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays on request. The driver of the van is also the guide. Guidance is available in Croatian, English and German. When booking, please state your address on Krk in the note. Departure is in front of your accommodation at 8:00, and return is around 20:00.
If you travel in a group, the 4th and 5th person have 15%, and the 6th, 7th. and 8 people have a 20% discount on the indicated price. Children up to 1 year have a 100% discount, and children from 1 to 4 years have a 50% discount.
- departure is at 8:00 in front of your accommodation on Krk
- from the island of Krk to Plitvice takes about 3 and a half hours drive
- the return is in the evening
- Entrance ticket
- Bus ride
- Children up to 4 years (50%)
- Important information
For the reservation to be valid, it is necessary to make a payment by card via the payment link in the next half hour.
If your payment link has expired, you can make a new reservation for the desired excursion/activity.
- Payment is made by credit card (Mastercard & Visa & Maestro).
- If you have difficulties paying by card, you can pay for the excursion/activity in cash at our reception: Mare Tours, Vrbnik, Trg sv. Ivana 8.
- If the organizer has to postpone the booked excursion/experience, guests can receive the paid amount back or accept an alternative date.
- General terms and conditions
For this excursion, a special cancellation policy applies - cancellation less than eight days’ notice - No refund.