Discover Zeleni vir and Vražji prolaz with a local guide
- Travel style:
- Age range: 6+ years old
- Duration: 5 hours
- Transportation: Car
- Max. number of persons: 8
- because Zeleni vir and Vražji prolaz are places of exceptional natural beauty
- you will enjoy a very content-rich trip in the magical nature of Gorski kotar
- with a local guide specialized in interpreting heritage, you will get to know Gorski kotar in an exceptional way
Why visit Zeleni vir and Vražji prolaz with a local guide?
Zeleni vir (Green vortex), Vražji prolaz (Devil's Passage) and Muževa hižica (Husband's House) near Skrad are an ideal destination for a family trip to nature.
Accompanied by a local guide, walk along the educational botanical trail along the river Curak to the favorite excursion site of Vražji prolaz & Zeleni vir.
Vražji prolaz has a prominent place among the most beautiful natural phenomena and beauties of Gorski kotar. It is a canyon of stunning and somewhat terrifying beauty through which wooden paths and bridges lead. The noise of the stream Jasle flowing through the bottom of the Vražji prolaz canyon creates an impressive soundscape.
The canyon Vražji prolaz (Devil's Passage) is about 800 m long and about 2 m wide. It will take you about 20 minutes to reach the end of the canyon, where there is another attraction - the cave Muževa hižica (Husband's House).
The cave is located 14 m above the Jasle stream and is about 200 m long. It is very spacious and has not been fully explored. At the end of the cave, there is a small lake. Be aware that the temperature in the cave is around 8ºC in both summer and winter.
After the canyon Vražji prolaz and the cave Muževa kućica, another exceptional attraction awaits you - Zeleni vir.
The Zeleni vir spring is located behind an impressive 70 m high rock along which a waterfall descends. Zeleni vir is a water source - lake of beautiful green color. This water source is used in Munjara - the oldest hydroelectric power plant in Gorski Kotar. The power plant Munjara was built in 1921, is still in operation and uses original machines.
Zeleni vir and Vražji prolaz provide a whole range of attractions for a very content-rich family trip - there is a fantastic canyon, cave, waterfall, lake, hydroelectric power plant - a monument of technical culture, a picnic area and a playground for children. We recommend the trip for families with children over 6 years. Attractions on the trip will delight adults as well as younger and older children.
About a 9 km walk awaits you on this excursion.
The trip to Zeleni vir and Vražji prolaz is special not only because of the natural beauties that will surely delight you but also because of the local guide Jelena who will introduce you to her homeland in her own special way. Jelena is a certified guide specialized in heritage interpretation and also a guide for adventure tourism. Through many stories and with many props, Jelena will introduce you to Gorski kotar very actively and with a lot of heart.
Guided tours are private, for your family or group only, and designed for a maximum of 8 people. The stated price of guiding refers to the whole group, not per person.
Be sure to take the opportunity to taste the famous Gorski kotar specialties, and our guide will be happy to give you recommendations for that as well.
Enjoy this exceptional trip!
- At a pre-arranged time in the morning, a meeting with the guide Jelena in Skrad
- A walk along the educational botanical path along the river Curak to Zeleni vir
- Sightseeing of Zeleni vir, Vražji prolaz and Muževa hižica
- Free time for coffee or lunch in your own arrangement
- Important information
- The price of the guiding refers to the whole group of up to 8 people (not per person).
- For this trip, it is necessary to check availability in advance. When you send us an inquiry or reservation, we first check if the desired date is available. If not, we will suggest the next possible free term.
For the reservation to be valid, it is necessary to make a payment by card via the payment link in the next half hour.
If your payment link has expired, you can make a new reservation for the desired excursion/activity.
- Payment is made by credit card (Mastercard & Visa & Maestro).
- If you have difficulties paying by card, you can pay for the excursion/activity in cash at our reception: Mare Tours, Vrbnik, Trg sv. Ivana 8.
- If the organizer has to postpone the booked excursion/experience, guests can receive the paid amount back or accept an alternative date.
- General terms and conditions