Barać Caves - guided cave tour
- Travel style:
- Duration: 1 hours
- Transportation: Car
- Because a visit to the caves is a great family trip and a superb experience in the nature
- Because, accompanied with by professional and friendly guides, you will learn a lot about the formation of caves and the magical subterranean world of karst landscapes
- Because you will grow fond of bats, even if you did not like them before
- Because you will have a great time and enjoy the beautiful nature
Why visit Barać Caves?
Only 20 km away from Plitvice, there are Barać Caves, an excellent destination for a family trip and a top-notch experience of nature. A 60-minute guided walk takes you along the illuminated majestic speleothems and teaches you a lot about the formation of the caves and the fascinating karst subterranean world.
The Caves of Barać are extremely rich in cave decorations and marvelous speleothem shapes - stalactites, stalagmites and stalagnates. You will wander through a series of spacious cave units, see the former abode of a cave bear as well as the important archaeological sites of prehistoric objects.
The instant when the lights are turned off during the guided tour so that you can enjoy this unique adventure in the underground world in absolute silence and darkness will surely be imprinted in your mind forever.
During your visit you will hear and see the bats living here. Even if you had not liked bats before, you will love them after visiting the Caves of Barać. Not only are bats harmless but they play an important role as insectivores and pollinators.
Keep in mind that the temperature in the caves is 9°C, so, regardless of the season, warm clothes are recommended. Wearing a protective helmet on a guided tour is obligatory and helmets are provided for all visitors. Tours are organized upon arrival, so a minimum waiting period is possible before the next tour.
Given that there is a well-organized excursion site with a lot of amenities right by the cave to keep you occupied while waiting, the time spent waiting will just fly by in an instant. However, there are no catering facilities, but you can freshen up in the info center and buy a souvenir to remember this visit by.
Pets are not allowed in the caves, and there is a dog pound where you can leave your pet for safekeeping while visiting the caves. Visitor parking is free and there is a 500-meter long educational trail, which leads from the parking lot to the excursion site.
There are guided tours in Croatian, English and German, and the cave is open from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., in July and August from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., and in October from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- It is possible to enter the cave only accompanied by a guide.
- A guided tour of the cave is organized upon arrival.
- You can spend a shorter waiting time for a guided tour through the cave on a beautifully landscaped picnic area next to the cave.
- The tour time of the cave is about an hour.
- Entrance ticket
- Children up to 4 years (100%)
- Children from 4 to 12 years (53%)
- Important information
- If the date of the booked excursion/experience is the same as the reservation date, the total amount must be paid immediately by credit card in order to confirm the reservation.
- If the date of the booked excursion/experience is the next day, ie one day after the reservation date, the payment must be made on the reservation date until 20:00.
- For all other dates, the payment must be made 24 hours from the moment of reservation.
- Payment is made by credit card (Mastercard & Visa & Maestro)
- In case the organizer has to postpone the booked excursion/experience, guests have the choice to receive the paid amount back or to accept an alternative date.
- General terms and conditions