Velebit House - interactive visitor center
- Travel style:
- Duration: 1 hours
- Transportation: Car Van
- Because you will enjoy your stay in this modern and exciting interactive visitor center and learn a lot about the Velebit Mountain
- Because you will experience the Velebit Mountain with all your senses and have a great time
Why the Velebit House?
The Velebit House is a modern and fascinating interactive visitor center of the Northern Velebit National Park. You will experience Velebit within Velebit and experience a touch of nature with all your senses.
The visit to the Velebit House is educational and fun for the whole family. The House is located in Krasno, one of the largest Croatian mountain settlements. The exceptional landscape and the diversity of the mythical Velebit Mountain are exhibited on all four floors.
The rich variety of the underground world of the Velebit Mountain is shown in a special way. Thus, you will have the opportunity to become a speleologist for a while and take a ride in a special elevator that simulates the descent to the Lukina jama cave, one of the deepest caves in the world.
By listening to the authentic sounds from speleological expeditions, which took place in the Velebit Mountain underground and examining interesting exhibits the incredible underground world of the Velebit Mountain will make a great impression on you.
You will learn a lot about how the Velebit Mountain was formed, and also have the opportunity to “push Africa”. that is, with help of the interactive exhibit, be included in the process of uplifting the Velebit Mountain. You will also get acquainted with some karst phenomena such as limestone pavement and rillenkarren.
Be sure to examine how the wind blower – Bora-maker works, and do not miss the opportunity to visit the dark chamber where you can experience the extreme weather conditions of the Velebit Mountain by sound, image and all your senses.
Breathe in the delightful scents of Velebit plants and listen to the singing of caterpillars of butterflies as well as the sound of a wilting spruce tree.
Observe the world from the birds perspective through the 3D glasses, and inspect the bear’s den with the family of bears. The Velebit House tells a story about the coexistence of man and mountain, about the Velebit nomads, as well as the story of the mystical beings who allegedly used to inhabit the mountain.
The visit to the Velebit House takes about an hour and a half. The opening hours of the Velebit House depend on the season. The Velebit House is open in the summer from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Children up to 6 years do not pay the entrance ticket and children 6 - 18 years pay 4 Euro. A family ticket is also available for 14 Euro for two adults and children up to 18 years old. Combined entrance ticket for National park Northern Velebit and House of Velebit is also available at the price of 10 Euro / per person or as a family ticket at the price of 25 Euro.
Do not miss this ideal opportunity to experience Velebit Mountain with all your senses in a fun and educational way – it is a real pleasure for all, both big and small!
- The working hours of the Velebit house depend on the season.
- The visit to the Velebit House takes about an hour and a half.
- Entrance ticket
- Disabled person (33%)
- Pensioners (33%)
- Children (100%)
- Youth (33%)
- Important information
For the reservation to be valid, it is necessary to make a payment by card via the payment link in the next half hour.
If your payment link has expired, you can make a new reservation for the desired excursion/activity.
- Payment is made by credit card (Mastercard & Visa & Maestro).
- If you have difficulties paying by card, you can pay for the excursion/activity in cash at our reception: Mare Tours, Vrbnik, Trg sv. Ivana 8.
- If the organizer has to postpone the booked excursion/experience, guests can receive the paid amount back or accept an alternative date.
- Cancellation up to three days before the visit - refund of 100% of the advance
- Cancellation up to one day before the visit - refund of 50% of the advance
- Cancellation within 24 hours - refund of 0% advance
- General terms and conditions
For this excursion, a special cancellation policy applies: