Cave park Grabovača - magical karst underground
- Travel style:
- Duration: 2 hours
- Transportation: Car
- Because the visit to Cave Park is an outstanding experience for all nature lovers
- Because you will experience a spectacular descent into the magical karst underground
- Because you will enjoy this exceptional and educational experience of splendid nature
- Because you should discover and explore this beautiful place, which is ideal for a family trip
Why Cave Park Grabovača?
Cave Park Grabovača is extremely rich in karst formations and includes as many as 9 speleological objects. The cave Samograd is open to the public and can be visited with a guide.
Cave Samograd is a true work of nature and a great place to get acquainted with the underground world. The cave is about 240 m long and offers an impressive insight into the many shapes of its glittering rocks.
It is located in a karst sinkhole which is accessible with stairs. In the cave, there is also a fascinating stairway, which was hand-chiseled in stone. Solid footwear and warm clothes are recommended because the average temperature in the caves is 8°C.
The whole park area has vast biodiversity – there are lots of rare and protected plant species as well as protected animal species, which provide an insight into the incredible richness of karst phenomena at the same time.
Do not miss the opportunity to visit the “Čovjek i krš” (Humans and Karst) educational trail on Mount Grabovača. The trail is about 3 km long and the tour takes about 2 hours. Along the trail there are 20 information panels that will tell you a very interesting story of coexistence of men and karst.
The trail also leads to Vidikovac, a belvedere with a rest stop, which offers an unforgettable view of Gospić, the Velebit Mountain and the canyon of the Lika River - the second-largest subterranean river in Europe.
It takes only a 10-minute drive to reach the Cave Park Grabovača from the highway. Near the parking lot there is a playground for children and other amenities include a belvedere with forest organs, a small lake, a maze and a resting spot.
What a great place for a family trip in the gorgeous nature of the Lika region!
- Entry/guidance in the cave Samograd in April and May
9:30 11:00 12:30 14:00 15:30
- Entry/guidance in the cave Samograd in June, July and August
10:30 12:00 13:30 15:00 16:30
- Entry/guidance in the cave Samograd in September and October
9:30 11:00 12:30 14:00 15:30
- The duration of the guided tour of the cave is about an hour.
- Entrance ticket
- Children (100%)
- Youth (40%)
- Important information
For the reservation to be valid, it is necessary to make a payment by card via the payment link in the next half hour.
If your payment link has expired, you can make a new reservation for the desired excursion/activity.
- Payment is made by credit card (Mastercard & Visa & Maestro).
- If you have difficulties paying by card, you can pay for the excursion/activity in cash at our reception: Mare Tours, Vrbnik, Trg sv. Ivana 8.
- If the organizer has to postpone the booked excursion/experience, guests can receive the paid amount back or accept an alternative date.
- General terms and conditions
- the air temperature in the cave is 7-10 ˙C
- we recommend that you dress warmer and layered
- wear comfortable shoes, adequate for moving on wet and slippery stairs
For this excursion, a special cancellation policy applies - cancellation less than eight days’ notice - No refund.