A visit to the family cheese farm and Krk sheep cheese tasting
- Travel style:
- Duration: 1 hours
- Transportation: Car
- because You will have an opportunity to get to know the way in which Krk sheep cheese is being produced
- because You will taste Krk sheep cheese and other Krk delicacies
- because of the opportunity to buy products You tasted directly from the manufacturer
Why visit a family cheese farm?
Take this unique opportunity to visit a small family cheese farm, taste Krk cheese in all its variants and enjoy the Krk delicacies!
The island of Krk is known for its biodiversity - a large number of aromatic and medicinal plants that grow here. This is also evident in the rich taste of Krk sheep cheese - the famous Krk delicacy.
You will have the opportunity to see this when visiting the family cheese farm that has a long tradition in the production of sheep cheese and other Krk specialties such as olive oil, marinated olives and dried figs.
In addition to classic sheep cheese, you will have the opportunity to try cheeses that are flavored with spices from the island of Krk. Thus, in the ripening stage, the cheeses are coated with rosemary, sage and walnut leaves to absorb the natural aromas of the aromatic herbs. This creates very interesting flavors that will surely delight you!
The approximate duration of the visit depends on the number of people - if it is a smaller group - family or 2 - 3 people, you should anticipate 30 - 45 minutes, for larger groups the visit can take up to 2 hours.
The price includes a visit to the family cheese farm & cheese shop with a brief description of cheese production, a tasting of sheep cheese in all variants that are produced in a family cheese farm, tasting of marinated olives, olive oil, dried figs and dried fig jam.
You will have the opportunity to buy products you tasted directly from the manufacturer at the best price.
- a visit to the family cheese farm is possible at a pre-arranged time
- the duration of the visit depends on the number of people, on average you will need about 45 min
- Important information
- If the date of the booked excursion/experience is the same as the reservation date, the total amount must be paid immediately by credit card in order to confirm the reservation.
- If the date of the booked excursion/experience is the next day, ie one day after the reservation date, the payment must be made on the reservation date until 20:00.
- For all other dates, the payment must be made 24 hours from the moment of reservation.
- Payment is made by credit card (Mastercard & Visa & Maestro)
- In case the organizer has to postpone the booked excursion/experience, guests have the choice to receive the paid amount back or to accept an alternative date.
- General terms and conditions